by Remez Sasson
I have a pot of basil standing on my porch. Every day, until noon, it receives the direct rays of the sun.
During the past few days it was very hot, and this affected the plant. Its leaves shriveled, and it seemed as if it was going to wither.
I gave the plant, some water. In just a little while, the plant changed completely. The water suffused it with life and energy, and it regained its fresh look. It stood straight once again, with all the leaves looking fresh.
Think about what happened. The water entered the roots of the plant, and moved fast through its branches and leaves, giving it a healthy look again.
This was a miracle. Just some water revived the plant.
Think what could happen, if you did to this to yourself, physically, emotionally and mentally.
What do I mean?
Suppose you could, in some way, infuse the life force into yourself, in the same way that you infuse the life force – water, into a plant. Suppose you can revive and refresh yourself and your life, in the same way that the plant was revived and refreshed.
Actually, you can.
- You can infuse health and happiness, into yourself.
- You can strengthen your attention and focus.
- You can infuse motivation and energy into yourself, just like the plant that received some water.
Do you think this is possible?
It is possible, but it doesn’t work instantly, as in the case of the plant. It takes time.
To refresh your body you need food, water, sleep and exercise.
To refresh your emotions you need fun, happiness, joy, love and motivation.
To refresh your mind you need sleep, reading, creativity and meditation.
All this is possible and within reach. I am not speaking of something impossible.
It is simple, but this requires you to do some work.
At the bottom of this article you will find a simple visualization technique that could help you, but first, consider taking the following steps:
1) Don’t think too much about how many things you have to do. This might discourage you. Just focus on one step, one thing at a time.
2) Find some 10-20 minutes to be alone and disturbed, with a pen and a sheet of paper. Ask yourself a few questions as follows, and write down your answers and what you need to do.
3) Think, what do you need most right now, to feel better, refreshed, stronger and in control of yourself and your life.
- Are you physically weak?
- Maybe you need to see a doctor.
- What about changing your eating habits?
- Do you drink enough water?
- Do you get enough sleep?
- Find the time to exercise your body.
4) Are you unhappy?
Think the reasons you believe are preventing you from experiencing happiness and write them down. Don’t blame others or circumstances. Find the cause within yourself. Often, it is your attitude and way you think that prevents you from experiencing happiness.
- Think of small things you can do to make you be happier.
- Watch funny movies.
- Do something you love doing.
- Find new friends
5) Do you need love?
Analyze, as impartially as you can, why you lack love in your life. Is it something in your attitude?
- Give love to others and you will receive love.
- Be nice to others, and others will be nice to you.
6) Do you need more creativity, more energy?
- Read inspiring quotes
- Be more aware of your intuition and follow it.
- Focus on what you are doing. This will strengthen your mind.
- Learn a new skill or topic.
- Learn meditation, any kind of meditation.
These are just a few examples of what you can do.
You need to follow these steps. Just reading about them is useless, and no one can do them for you, except you.
There is another thing you can do, which involves visualization.
- Find 10 minutes to be alone.
- Sit down comfortably.
- Visualize the Universe all around you, sending you positive energies, which fill your body, mind and soul. Like water that refreshes, revives and strengthens a plant, so this energy does the same to you.
- Feel this energy entering inside you. Feeling the energy counts more than a clear mental image.
- You may visualize the energy as yellow rays of the sun, as a sort of subtle, invisible energy, or in any way you want. There are no rules.
If you put enough focus and feelings into the mental image, it would sink into your subconscious mind. Your subconscious mind would feel and believe that you are truly receiving this energy from the Universe, and would affect your body, mind and soul accordingly. It would produce more energy, creativity and life force.
Remez Sasson is the founder of Success Consciousness. He is the author of articles and books that teach how to use the power of the mind to create success and to improve one’s life, gain inner strength and inner peace, and live a better life.
Powered by Facebook Comments