By Remez Sasson
How do you manage your time, or maybe you don’t manage it at all, letting other people and circumstances dictate to you what to do?
If managing your time seems a big task, why not try to manage just a few hours of your day, maybe even just one hour for a start? If you are not be able to manage your time at your job, do so at least in you free time, where you have more control.
Managing your time means giving priorities to certain tasks, and leaving for later other, less important tasks. It is certainly more pleasurable, and requires less effort to read your mail than working. It is more pleasure to watch a movie than study, but this does not make the task done.
If you do other things, instead of the important ones, you just procrastinate. This behavior cause stress, because the task is not accomplished in time, or not accomplished at all.
If you worry that time is passing by and you are making no progress in your work, studies, house chores, it is because you always find something else to do. This is procrastination.
Laziness and procrastination are the main reasons for not managing time correctly. One of the best ways to overcome them is by developing willpower and self-discipline. With these two skills is easier to make a decision and stick by it.
Do you manage your time correctly?
- Plan your day in advance. True, plans do not always work out as planned, you forget them, or other things seem more important.
- Nowadays, email, Facebook, Twitter and other social media websites take a lot of time. If you want to accomplish a task, and if you want to achieve success in your field, you have to be strong enough to do what is more important in the long run, and cut the time you spend there.
- Watch less TV programs. This will give you time doing things, instead of being a passive watcher.
- If you are too busy at work or at home, what about delegating some task to others?
- Maybe there are tasks, which are easier to accomplish at certain times of the day, and you should change your schedule?
You see, there is a lot you can do to be the master of your time.
About the Author
Remez Sasson is the author of several life transforming books, containing a wealth of information, advice and guidance.
Powered by Facebook Comments