Documenting and communicating the roles and responsibilities of each person involved in a project, be they team members or stakeholders, is an extremely important step, and not one that should be underestimated. Not only is this important in a project but also in an operational team.
Clear roles and responsibilities can help avoid confusion and conflict and that makes for a happy team.
Here’s a few pointers:
- Make it an item on your project plan to create roles and responsibilities (R&Rs) and to revise them so you don’t wait until it is a problem before you revisit it
- Document and agree R&Rs to help resolve uncertainties and conflicts swiftly
- Communicate them to everyone so there is no confusion
- Discuss the role and responsibilities of each team member or stakeholder with them so they understand it and have the opportunity to modify them
- Make sure your R&Rs cover Everyone!
Download your copy of a RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed) Matrix template and an example of one of the ways you can communicate the key components of each team member or stakeholders role. This can be used in a terms of reference or scoping document or any form of communication regarding the team make up.
Your Roles and Responsibilities download zip file will contain:
- RACI Matrix template in Excel
- Role Structure and Communication template in PowerPoint
Super Value For FREE
More great information
Powered by Facebook Comments