By Remez Sasson
If you ask 10 people if they like their job, more than half would probably say that they don’t like it.
If you don’t like your job, how can you work and do it well?
Everyone needs money, and therefore, has to work in order to get it. This means that a lot of people are doing something they don’t like doing, and are therefore, unhappy.
There are people, who can afford to quit their jobs and look for something else, even if in the meantime they are not earning money.
There are people, who are confident in their abilities and have courage to seek a job, doing something they love doing.
There are people with very strong ambition, who will do anything to achieve goals.
But what about the majority of people, who need to work, day after day, often doing something they don’t love doing? They can’t or won’t quit their job and do something they love doing. Actually, not everyone knows what he or she wants to do, and what will really make them happy and satisfied.
If you are in this situation, there are a few things you can do to bring happiness and satisfaction into your life.
10 Things to Do When You Don’t Like Your job
- You can decide to excel in your job, and do everything to get promoted. Focus your mind on doing everything to achieve success (in a legal and appropriate of course). Focusing on your mind on your job in this way, makes easier to bear it, and you will start liking it.
- You can continue working, but at the same time, find the time to learn a new skill or trade.
- Wake up early and meditate for 20-30 minutes, before going to work.
- Read inspiring quotes in the morning, and keep such quotes handy, to read whenever you can. This will keep you inspired and make you feel better during your workday.
- Find something to do in your spare time that you really love doing. This will highlight of your day, and will be something to look forward to.
- If you can, take a few breaks during work, to meditate, exercise, or take a walk.
- Try to do the same work in a different way, if that is possible. Make changes to your routine.
- Find hobbies, or things you love and enjoy doing, and find time for them every day, after work.
- If you really want to make a change in your life, continue working, but begin using creative visualization and affirmations. These are the mental tools that can make a great change in your life.
The good news is that you can use them wherever you are, and at any time of the day. I know these methods work, and I have seen them work. I have written many articles on creative visualization and affirmations, as well as two practical guides for using them.
- Learn to change your attitude toward your work, and toward the people who work with you. This might not be so easy, but if you make a decision and don’t swerve, you will eventually get results. Resentment and unhappiness hurt your health and are unnecessary. With a change of attitude, you will feel better and stop hating or resenting your job.
How do you change your attitude? By using visualization and affirmations.
These are just a few things you can do when you don’t like your job. I hope they can help you, or at least open your mind to other ways or things you can do.
Powered by Facebook Comments